Monday, November 12, 2007

Questions about Obama

Where are the Democratic Leaders?

Recently I saw Cokie Roberts make the claim that the Republicans were "Slight" underdogs in the coming Presidential elections.

While the thought of Guliani having the powers of President scares the living HELL out of me, I got to thinking about her point.

There is only one group that can give the Republicans a victory in 2008...the Democrats!

They have shown no distiction since gaining the majority in both houses of congress.

They took Impeachment off the table without any consideration of what the "people" wanted.

They have not "aggressively" pursued an end to the war.

They have caved in to the President every time he stood up to them. Always claiming the "next time" we're going to stop him.

What the Democratic party (and this country) really needs right now is LEADERSHIP!

That's right...all caps and it needs to be shouted to the heights.

I thought that Obama might be that man. Now I'm not sure. Nobody - least of all Clinton - has taken a real stand.

Voting at the last minute, when they are sure which way the wind blows, dodging votes where they could be making a statement...

These are NOT the things that I think of when looking for a leader.

Why won't a major candidate state, for the record, "I will roll back the many damages that Bush has inflicted upon our Constitution?

Dodd has done so, but he seems to be the onlty one and I don't know how electable he really is.

Where are our leaders?

Obama putting the "party" first by silencing his criticism of the war smacks too much of "Politics as usual" to me.

No comments: