Saturday, November 10, 2007

Body Armor

Rep Louise Slaughter Posted an article on the Huffington Post the other day — Link below:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rep-louise-slaughter/a-story-ignored-body-arm_b_71524.html?refresh_comments=1

My response is copied below. Boy! Sometimes these people steam me. Why didn't she do something about this on her own instead of whining on the internet!

Rep Slaughter,
Thank you for caring about our troops.

But I have a couple of questions for you.

You say you first learned about this over a year ago.

How many of our kids do you think have died since then due to crappy body armor?

You say that the press hasn't picked up on this. Well, I read about it two years ago when the makers of "Dragon Skin" body armor conducted tests against the standard issue crap and proved that they had a better product.

I wrote to my congress people. I wrote letters to the editor. I forwarded the article to everyone I knew and posted it on every web site that I thought might do some good.

The Defense dept., naturally, claimed (CYA) that the test results weren't valid.

As Rumsfeld told us the troops "We go to war with the Army we have!"

Lady, I gotta tell you something. If you have bothered to read any of the comments to this posting, you will, hopefully, realize that many of us are "Outraged Out!"

So when you post an article claiming "Outrage," I just gotta wonder!

Being in Congress for over 20 years, what did YOU do to bring this story to the headlines?

Why didn't you call press conferences every month (or week) to GET this into the headlines?

Why didn't you call for a congressional investigation?

Why didn't you get together with others in congress and TELL Rumsfeld what was wrong? And make an issue of it?

You wrote a letter last year.

One of the main reason so many people are upset with our government (both sides of the aisle) is the lack of representation we get from our elected representatives.

Now, I ask you, "Who is in a better position to bring this into the headlines you or me?"

Please don"t whine to the internet about how little coverage something wrong in our government gets.

Because we already know!

As they say at Brave New Films..."Pssst...Do SOMETHING!"



No comments: